Mumbai : A day after heavy showers pounded Mumbai and neighbouring areas, the rain intensity reduced on Thursday morning and water receded in some flooded areas, leading to a gradual resumption of rain and road transport services, officials said.
However, some areas in south Mumbai, which witnessed a record rain on Wednesday, were still water-logged, they said. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted moderate to heavy rainfall in the city and suburbs and intense showers in some parts of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region in the next 24 hours.
While some areas of south Mumbai were still inundated, water receded in most other parts of the city and suburbs, the
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said. According to BMC’s update till 8 am, areas like BPT Colony at Wadala, Nair Hospital in central Mumbai, Maharshi Karve Road and Sakkar Panchayat area in south Mumbai were still water-logged.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Thursday took stock of the state administration’s preparedness in the wake of the incessant heavy rains in Mumbai and other parts of the state, including Kolhapur where the Panchganga river was flowing close to the danger mark.
A statement issued by the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) said Thackeray asked the authorities to remain alert and ensure citizens do not face hardships. He spoke to the authorities concerned and officials of the India Meteorological Department (IMD), it said. Mumbai city received 331.08 mm rainfall while the suburbs received 162.3 mm downpour from Wednesday till 8.30 am on Thursday. The city witnessed strong winds at a speed of 106
km per hour while elsewhere it was 70 to 80 kmph, it said. The chief minister asked the officials concerned to take up clearing of the uprooted trees on a war-footing.
- Pandemic Putting Americans Under Great Mental Strain: Poll - October 21, 2020
- Dublin Irish Festival Launches Event Mobile App Powered by Ease Logistics - October 21, 2020
- लगभग 5082 वाहन चालकों के लायसेंस निलंबित - October 21, 2020
- AHA News: How to Fill the Crucial Need for More Black Cardiologists - October 21, 2020
- Digital Transformation Gets Bigger, Better, Bolder at LiveWorx’19 - October 21, 2020
- 35 अभ्यर्थियों की नाम वापसी के बाद 355 विधिमान्य अभ्यर्थी शेष - October 21, 2020
- What will convince Americans to get a COVID-19 vaccine? - October 20, 2020
- Most U.S. Women Under 50 Use Contraception: Report - October 20, 2020
- New Alcon DAILIES® COLORS Contact Lenses Give Beauty Lovers Permission to Play with Their Eye Color Every Day - October 20, 2020
- Health Tips Why The Western Diet Keeps Making Us Sick This Is What A Scientific Study Says - October 20, 2020