#NurseMidwife4Change campaign under the aegis of nursing and midwifery professional organizations, announced the winners for the first photo contest themed ‘A Day into a Nurses Life’.
The theme of the photo contest ‘A Voice to Lead- A Day into a Nurses Life’ showcased their area of expertise/ speciality, showing them in their true light as leaders, mentors, collaborators, educators and innovators and highlighting the impact they make on the quality of healthcare in the country. The COVID-19 pandemic has reinforced and brought to the front, the incredible work of nurses throughout the pandemic, and this was also portrayed in photographs received from across India. The selected photographs will be part of the campaign initiative and used in brand collaterals.
Sharing details on the contest, Dr. Bulbul Sood, Senior Strategic Advisor, Jhpiego, highlighted, “A crowdsourcing and community building initiative, the contest invited entries from nurses and midwives showcasing their day, their work and their speciality. A team of member judges from the campaign and senior leaders from the fraternity selected the best three entries and the special mentions. We thank everyone who sent in their photographs to help us celebrate and honour nurses and midwives through our campaign initiative!”.
Dr. T Dileep Kumar, President, Indian Nursing Council, felicitating the winners said, ‘The photographs bring to life the incredible work that our nurses and midwives do every day in their hospitals and, communities. During these unprecedented times; they have been at the forefront, caring not only for Covid patients, but providing education, prevention, treatment to those with a wide range of healthcare needs. Today, I, take this opportunity to thank all our nurses and midwives who lead by example and play one of the most important roles in our healthcare delivery system.’
Announcing the next photo contest, Dr. T Dileep Kumar added, ‘International Nurses Day is celebrated around the world every 12th of May – the anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birth and as part of #NurseMidwife4Change we will announce another photo contest soon and will request all from our cadre to participate and join in to celebrate our cadre.”
- Ayush Ministry signs MoU with Ministry of Rural Development to empower the rural youth - March 17, 2023
- Know what’s best for your ‘Kidney’ – Understand the ‘Y.’ - March 9, 2023
- KidneyHealthForAll on World Kidney Day - March 9, 2023
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022