New Delhi: When a patient is left unattended at a hospital, family members evidently feel hassled and concerned.
Imagine the situation a family faced after a hospital in the UK left a deceased member on the bed in a ward for eight and a half hours straight.
Ignored, the corpse lay untouched in the sweltering heat, while other people in the ward were left scandalised.
One of the visitors of the patient, Helen Rega, said that the patient passed away at 7:00 am and by 3:30 pm, the body was still on the bed.
According to a report in the Deccan Chronicle, an orderly from the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff blamed shortage of staff during weekends for the patient being left the way she was.
The employee went on to add that it was not surprising as it happened at a weekend when there was staff shortage and the body would have probably just stayed there if the bed was not needed by someone else.
- Ayush Ministry signs MoU with Ministry of Rural Development to empower the rural youth - March 17, 2023
- Know what’s best for your ‘Kidney’ – Understand the ‘Y.’ - March 9, 2023
- KidneyHealthForAll on World Kidney Day - March 9, 2023
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022