PITTSBURGH–(BUSINESS WIRE)–PPG (NYSE:PPG) today published its 2018 Sustainability Report, detailing
the company’s performance and progress against its 2025 sustainability
goals that contribute to its purpose and promise: WE PROTECT AND
BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™.
Last year, PPG embedded additional sustainable practices into its
operations, introduced new sustainably advantaged products for
customers, achieved a record low in injury cases across the company,
advanced its global community engagement initiatives, and further
advanced its diversity and inclusion efforts. The report is available at sustainability.ppg.com.
“Our dedicated workforce continues to drive sustainability deeper into
our global operations,” said Michael H. McGarry, PPG chairman and chief
executive officer. “At PPG, we are focused on doing better today than
yesterday. Our 2018 sustainability progress is encouraging, and it
inspires us to identify new opportunities and ultimately reach the
aggressive 2025 goals that we have set for our company.”
PPG launched a new set of sustainability goals in 2018, guiding the
company to further embed sustainability into its day-to-day operations
and measure its progress. Highlights of PPG’s sustainability progress in
2018 include the following.
and protecting the environment: PPG is committed to using resources
efficiently and driving sustainability throughout its entire value chain
to preserve and protect the environment in which the company operates.
32% of sales from sustainably advantaged products and processes, such
as its low-cure automotive paint process that allows customers to use
39% less energy;
29% of manufacturing and research and development locations with zero
process waste to landfill;
- 28% improvement in the spills and releases rate;
- 7% reduction in water intensity; and
- 6% reduction in waste disposal intensity.
our communities: PPG and the PPG Foundation collaborate and engage
with employees, community partners and other stakeholders to make the
company’s vision of bringing color and brightness to communities a
reality. In 2018, PPG and the PPG Foundation:
Completed the 200th COLORFUL COMMUNITIES® project since the
program’s launch in 2015 – a significant milestone that allowed the
company to impact more than 5.2 million people in 30 countries;
- Donated more than $9 million globally; and
- Logged nearly 25,000 employee volunteer hours.
our people: PPG has an obligation to ensure its employees are safe,
healthy, engaged and valued for the diverse talents they bring to the
company. In 2018:
20% of top management positions were held by women, with a steady
increase in female representation of total workforce; and
- PPG achieved a 10% reduction in its injury and illness rate.
To see videos, infographics and learn more about PPG’s sustainability
progress, visit sustainability.ppg.com.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints,
coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 135
years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’
biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path
forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in
more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $15.4 billion in 2018.
We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and
transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com.
We protect and beautify the world is a trademark and Colorful
Communities and the PPG Logo are registered trademarks of
PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
- Ayush Ministry signs MoU with Ministry of Rural Development to empower the rural youth - March 17, 2023
- Know what’s best for your ‘Kidney’ – Understand the ‘Y.’ - March 9, 2023
- KidneyHealthForAll on World Kidney Day - March 9, 2023
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022