A four-day special ‘vaccination festival’ would be held in the Union Territory of Puducherry from June 16 to administer jabs to all those above 18 years as part of efforts to contain the Covid pandemic. The Health Department of Puducherry government is organising the festival. Health Secretary T Arun said in a release on Saturday that Puducherry was witnessing a decline in fresh cases of coronavirus. This was due to the intensive implementation of
steps to combat the virus and sustained cooperation of the public in observing the safety protocols, the release said.
There was, however, an apprehension that the third wave likely to set in would bring in its wake large incidence of Covid particularly the youth and through them young children would be affected, it said. To ensure that the pandemic does not get worse, the special vaccination festival is to be held in more than 100 centres, the release said.
Vaccination would be done in government hospitals, primary health centres also at designated centres in all the four regions of Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam. He said the joint efforts by the Health Department in association with other departments, political leaders, leaders of public opinion, voluntary organisations, self-help groups and other stakeholders had been initiated to hold the vaccination festival.
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021