India reported a spike of 69,878 coronavirus infections on Saturday, data from the Health Ministry showed. Deaths rose by 945 to a total of 55,794 in India. The total coronavirus case tally in India now stands at 29,75,701. India crossed the milestone of 10 lakh coronavirus tests in a day, the Health Ministry said on Saturday. Meanwhile, global coronavirus cases are 22,492,312, including 788,503 deaths, reported to WHO. Moreover, the WHO said that the world should be able to rein in the coronavirus pandemic in less than two years, as European nations battle rising numbers of new cases. On the other hand, Russia’s plan to roll-out its “Sputnik-V” Covid-19 vaccine even before full trials show how well it works is prompting concern among virus experts, who warn a partially effective shot may encourage the novel coronavirus to mutate.
Also, a cumulative total of 3,44,91,073 samples have been tested up to August 21 with 10,23,836 samples being tested on Friday, the highest done in a day so far.
With the daily growth rate continuing to slow down, the doubling time of novel Coronavirus cases in India has now dropped to 30 days. However, because of the different growth rates, the doubling times in states vary widely. Delhi has a doubling time of about 100 days, corresponding to the fact that its daily growth rate has been less than one per cent for a very long time now. Among the states with large caseloads, only Punjab, Kerala, Odisha and Jharkhand have doubling times less than 20 days right now. With Bihar elections in sight, the Election Commission has issued guidelines for holding polls during the coronavirus pandemic.
Globally, 22,949,234 people have been infected with the virus so far, including over 7.9 lakh who died. The United States continued to be worst affected followed by Brazil and India. China, where the virus was first reported in December last year, has announced that people living in Beijing are no longer required to wear masks outdoors, a second such announcement since May when it was reversed after a recurrence of coronavirus cases in the city. Meanwhile, the head of the World Health Organisation said he hopes the world can end the coronavirus pandemic in less than two years.
- भारत में पहली बार हींग उगाने की कवायद हुई तेज, जानिए मसालों की शृखंला में क्यों है अहम - October 23, 2020
- What Is the Survival Rate of Retinoblastoma? - October 23, 2020
- Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd QA QC Production and Packing Formulation Jobs - October 23, 2020
- Second virus wave could be worst than first: France hospital boss - October 23, 2020
- World Sight Day 2020 - October 23, 2020
- Health Tips: These Drinks May Be Helpful For Excessive Weight, Know How To Prepare - October 23, 2020
- COVID-19 lockdown reduced mental health, sleep, exercise - October 23, 2020
- मुख्यमंत्री श्री चौहान ने दी अष्टमी और दशहरे की बधाई - October 23, 2020
- Nigeria resumes Yellow fever vaccination with safety measures necessary for the COVID-19 context - October 23, 2020
- क्या ठंडे पानी में तैरना डिमेंशिया के खतरे को कर सकता है कम? शोधकर्ताओं ने किया चौंकानेवाला खुलासा - October 23, 2020