Ace investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s wife Rekha today picked up 45 lakh shares of Fortis Healthcare for an estimated Rs 60 crore through an open market transaction.
The shares were purchased on an average price of Rs 134.65, valuing the transaction at Rs 60.59 crore, according to bulk deal data available with the National Stock Exchange (NSE).
Shares of the company closed at Rs 144.40 on the NSE, up 0.49 percent from the previous close.
Earlier in February 2015, Rakesh Junjhunwala had bought 34,85,075 shares of Fortis Healthcare, at Rs 119.35 apiece, for over Rs 41 crore through an open market deal.
During April-June quarter 2017-18, Fortis Healthcare reported a net profit of Rs 22.61 crore. It was at Rs 25.26 crore in the corresponding period of the previous fiscal.
The total income stood at Rs 1,214.22 crore for the period under review. It was at Rs 1,154.15 crore in the quarter ended June 30, 2016.
- Ayush Ministry signs MoU with Ministry of Rural Development to empower the rural youth - March 17, 2023
- Know what’s best for your ‘Kidney’ – Understand the ‘Y.’ - March 9, 2023
- KidneyHealthForAll on World Kidney Day - March 9, 2023
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022