Rise Against Hunger India, an international hunger relief organization, has been actively organizing COVID relief work in various parts of the country. Through multiple projects, it plans to reach over 500,000 people impacted by the second wave of the pandemic. As part of its overall drive, through grants made by Salesforce, the global leader in CRM, the organization is providing 5 lakhs meals and 9500 kits of ration to families economically impacted by the pandemic. Additionally, provision of ready-to-eat food & drinking water is being made for essential workers, hospital staff, crematorium & burial ground staff, attendants of patients and others. Activities are currently underway in Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi and Nabarangpur (Odisha).
The drive is undertaken to ensure that immediate relief and emergency support reaches the most affected people at a time when the whole country is battling the rise in COVID-19 cases. It is estimated that over 125,000 individuals including COVID patients in two healthcare facilities would benefit from this drive.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Dola Mohapatra, Executive Director, RAHI said, “We are humbled and grateful for the support extended by Salesforce to serve the needy during these tough times. The second wave has been harsh and many are being pushed to the brink. With collective efforts, our aim should be not just to help people pass through these tough times, but also to be able to build back their lives. CSR support is going to play a big role even for post-pandemic recovery”
Sanket Atal, MD & SVP – Sites, Salesforce India, said, “Companies need to play a role in moving the needle on social issues and driving change. I believe the current crisis can serve as a catalyst to build stronger, resilient and values-driven businesses that stand as a platform for change. As much as the country has the need to address the healthcare crisis, for many, access to food is a challenge. We appreciate the work done by Rise Against Hunger India to support the critical issue of nutrition, by acting now and leading the way to solve this issue.”
- Scientists developing low-cost, saliva-based COVID-19 test inspired by glucose test strips for diabetes - June 18, 2021
- Over 2.58 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses still available with states: Centre - June 18, 2021
- Bharat Biotech’s pre-submission meeting for Covaxin EUL with WHO on June 23 - June 18, 2021
- WHO warns of fresh Indonesia surge fed by virus variants - June 17, 2021
- Anvidha Technologies Private Limited launches its highly anticipated Eyewear Platform - June 16, 2021
- Chingari announces ‘Chingari World Music Day Concert’ aiming at raising money for COVID Relief fund - June 16, 2021
- Inorbit Mall Whitefield vaccinates over 458 retail partners & staffs under the #InorbitCares initiative - June 16, 2021
- Physiotherapy plays a vital role in COVID 19 recovery - June 15, 2021
- Centre to provide over 96,490 Covid vaccine doses to states, UTs in next 3 days - June 15, 2021
- Over 25.87 crore Covid vaccine doses administered in India - June 15, 2021