Roche Diagnostics India announced the launch of its first Cobas 8800 instrument at National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases, Kolkata also known as ICMR-NICED and Cobas 6800 at National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Mumbai also known as ICMR- NIRRH to aid with SARS CoV-2 diagnostic testing.
Operating on the real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) platform, SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic tests on the instrument detects the genetic signature (RNA) of the virus in a simple test performed by a healthcare provider using nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swab samples.
The widely available Roche’s Cobas 6800/8800 systems provides test results in three and half hours and offer improved operating efficiency, flexibility and fastest time-to-time results.
Dr. Shravan Subramanyam, Managing Director India and Neighbouring markets, Roche Diagnostics India said, “Diagnostic testing is an important element of India’s battle against COVID-19, as we see a steady rise in infections across almost all parts of the country. High-volume and high-quality diagnostic tests are important to provide appropriate clinical support in time and implement social measures that can further avoid the infected spread the virus.”
He further added,”The cobas 6800/8800 addresses almost all of the challenges faced by the labs in pandemic times with reduced turnaround time, maintaining testing efficiency and improved productivity of lab personnel on account of automation.”
With the highest throughput providing up to 96 results in about three hours and a total of 384 results for the cobas 6800 System and 960 results for the cobas 8800 System in 8 hours. The test can be run simultaneously with other diagnostic assays provided by Roche Diagnostics, including HIV and Hepatitis.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022