The World Health Organization says the vaccine approved by Russia this week is not among the nine that it considers in the advanced stages of testing.
WHO and partners have included nine experimental COVID-19 vaccines within an investment mechanism it is encouraging countries to join, known as the Covax facility. The initiative allows countries to invest in several vaccines to obtain early access, while theoretically providing funding for developing countries.
“We don’t have sufficient information at this point to make a judgment” on the Russia vaccine, said Dr. Bruce Aylward, a senior adviser to WHO’s director-general.
“We’re currently in conversation with Russia to get additional information to understand the status of that product, the trials that have been undertaken and then what the next steps might be.” This week, President Vladimir Putin announced Russia had approved a coronavirus vaccine that has yet to complete advanced trials in people and claimed, without evidence, the immunization protects people for up to two years.
- राज्य-स्तरीय आनलाइन जैव-विविधता क्विज-2020 में शासकीय उत्कृष्ट विद्यालय सीधी के छात्रों को मिला पहला स्थान - October 24, 2020
- ASTRO highlights Winship study showing increased failure-free survival in prostate cancer - October 24, 2020
- विस्फोटक सामग्री संबंधी सेवाएँ ऑनलाइन प्रदान करने नवीन व्यवस्था प्रारंभ - October 24, 2020
- Repeal of Obamacare Could Leave Young Cancer Patients in the Lurch - October 24, 2020
- Apex Laboratories Pvt Ltd Multiple Openings for Freshers and Experienced in Production QC QA Departments Apply Now - October 24, 2020
- AUROBINDO PHARMA LTD Urgent Requirement for Quality Control Production Departments Apply Now - October 24, 2020
- Proton therapy for lung cancer may help reduce risk of heart diseases - October 24, 2020
- 26 अक्टूबर को बैंक भी बंद रहेंगे - October 24, 2020
- AstraZeneca, J&J vaccine trials back on track in US - October 24, 2020
- प्रदेश के बिगड़े वन क्षेत्रों के पुनर्स्थापन के लिए निजी निवेशकों को दिया जाएगा जिम्मा -वनमंत्री कुंवर विजय शाह - October 24, 2020