Apollo Hospitals, Indore marked a key milestone by performing the first day care or Same Day Angioplasty in 69 year-old males. Daycare or Day Stay procedures cut the hospital stay of a patient significantly and allow the patient to be back in the comfort of their homes the same day.
Angioplasty involves mechanically widening the narrowed or obstructed arteries. The patient Mr. Radhavallabh Tank had been diagnosed with a blocked coronary vessel causing breathlessness, and heaviness in the chest and was advised angioplasty. Angioplasty, which is a procedure is routinely performed at major tertiary care hospitals and entails a two to three-day-long stay in the hospital.In a first in the central India, doctors at the Vijay Nagar based Apollo Hospitals performed radial
Dr. K Hari Prasad, President, Apollo Group Hospitals, said, “Apollo Hospitals has always been at the forefront when it comes to bringing in cutting-edge medical technology that helps provide the best of services to outpatients’, In the current time, we are seeing an increase in patients seeking shorter hospital stay and faster recovery which today is made easy by the advancement in imaging technology, robotics, clinical and intervention techniques. We are proud of the work Dr. Roshan and
Dr Sarita has made to the field of Intervention Cardiology for the region and day care Angioplasty is yet another important milestone”
Dr Sarita Rao, Sr. Consultant, Said ‘As we have seen the pandemic and the scarcity of beds and a deadly virus disease which killed millions worldwide due to lack of beds and hospital infrastructure has again led is to think the way we can reduce the use of beds occupancy and other facilities utilization and an early discharge is one of the easiest thing to be adopted so as to avoid such situations in future. At Apollo we try to change the way cardiac care is delivered and we believe these baby steps lead to giant leap.
Dr. Roshan Rao, Senior Consultant and Head, Department Of Cardiology, said ‘Patient safety has always been and will continue to be of highest priority when we decide between discharging patients undergoing elective low‐risk PCI the same day as their procedure or admitting them for an overnight observation. Widespread adoption of Same Day Discharge Angioplasty will likely translate to systemic cost savings and greater patient satisfaction and hopefully prevent overuse of inpatient hospital beds reserved for higher‐acuity patients who may be waiting for admission.
Dr. Ashok Bajpai, Sr. Consultant and Director, shared, day-care Angioplasty procedure was extremely rare and was possible with excellent coordination among all departments in the hospital. The procedure can be carried out only in a minority of patients with definite indications and parameters like normal or near-normal pumping function of the heart, absence of multi-
vessel disease or severe co-morbid conditions.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022