Sikkim is declared to be the first fully vaccinated state of India, where 100% of the population have received the first dose of vaccine and 74% of the population has received the second dose as well.
On an average, till now 9,12,325 people were vaccinated. From health workers, front line workers, 45 years and above, to 18 to 44 years all the categories were well taken care of. In addition to this, 4770 doses were provided to the Indian army.
The Government of Sikkim took aggressive measures to ensure the welfare of its people. The vaccination drive was taken very seriously. A team of senior officials and members from the health department was put together to monitor the vaccination status on a daily basis. The topmost priority was to vaccinate the maximum population possible. The members collectively worked towards immunizing the whole Sikkim and achieved it in no time with proper planning and teamwork.
I would like to express my gratitude to the team’s incredible efforts in making this vaccination drive successful. The credit also goes to the residents of Sikkim who came forward as responsible citizens and contributed towards making Sikkim a fully vaccinated state of India. It is indeed a remarkable achievement that couldn’t have been accomplished without the support and guidance of our people’ says Chief Minister, Shri. Prem Singh Tamang ,
The government of Sikkim received 11, 32, 740 doses of Covishield vaccine from the Indian Government out of which the balance at the UIP store is 1,78,390. Currently, we have the stock at East – 36,640, West- 25,670, North – 7,390 & South – 20,090.
- Life expectancy in India dropped by two years due to COVID-19: Study - October 23, 2021
- US’ work with India on vaccine manufacturing saving people’s lives, says DFC chief - October 23, 2021
- Bengal reports steady Covid surge for third consecutive day - October 23, 2021
- Sri Lanka gives booster shots to front-line workers - October 23, 2021
- 3 children die of dengue in Uttar Pradesh - October 23, 2021
- India is close to turning the pandemic tide: Poonawalla - October 21, 2021
- Covishield may offer over 90% protection against death from Delta variant: Study - October 21, 2021
- PM Modi congratulated health workers on vaccinating 100 crore India’s population - October 21, 2021
- South African regulator rejects Russia’s COVID-19 vaccine - October 20, 2021
- Second wave of pandemic not receded yet, third wave feared post-Diwali: Maha health minister - October 20, 2021