› The company is also contributing medicines and some medical devices/equipment worth INR 14 lacs like oxygen cylinders, stethoscope, BP monitors and other essentials to the 1400 bed Mahalunge Covid Care Centre
› Karanjvihire Primary Healthcare Centre (PHC) serves around 12 villages, including ŠAVW plant area in Pune
› The van will also be used transfer patients requiring hospitalization as well as provide medical consultation in the villages they visit
New Delhi, 08 July, 2020: ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India today handed its Mobile Health Clinic Van to the Karanjvihire Primary Healthcare Centre (PHC) that will help the medical staff medical consultation to around 12 villages including the including ŠAVW plant area in Pune. The same was handed over by Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd to Khed Taluka Medical officials at the company’s corporate headquarter in Pune. The Mobile Health Clinic Van will be provided for a period of six months, as an interim replacement for the 15 year old in-use ambulance, and will be utilized exclusively to transfer pregnant women to the Healthcare Centre to ensure a sanitized environment, and avoid mixing with regular patients.
In addition to the van, SAVWIPL is donating medicines and essential medical equipment worth INR 14 lakhs to the Mahalunge Covid Care Centre in Pune.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd said, “At ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India, we are strongly committed towards our community and its well-being. We are humbled to be a part of such humanitarian initiatives and contribute to the society. As defined in our community charter, we will continue to support healthcare as one of the key pillars of our CSR initiatives.”
Dr. Baliram Gadhave, Taluka Health Officer-Khed commended SAVW’s efforts to support healthcare institutions in Pune district and other parts of the State and was particularly appreciative of the support extended to the Mahalunge Covid Care Centre.
Dr. Jayshree Mahajan, Medical Officer, Karanjvihire Primary Healthcare Centre commented, “I would like take this opportunity to thank ŠAVW for their contribution in ensuring the continuity of the Mobile Health clinic for the numerous beneficiaries residing in and around Karanjvihire. The support of establishments like SKODA Auto Volkswagen India enables essential healthcare access to the rural community and the general wellbeing of the society at large.”
Earlier, ŠAVWIPL had pledged financial support of INR 1 crore for the 1100-bed dedicated COVID-19 facility at Sassoon General Hospital in Pune and donated medicines worth INR 22.34 lakhs. The company’s employees in Aurangabad, Mumbai and Pune supported by the labor unions in Pune and Aurangabad also contributed a day’s salary to raise over INR 1.2 crore to fund 15 full featured ventilators, monitors and PPE kits to Covid facilities in Aurangabad, Pune and Mumbai. Furthermore, ŠAVWIPL also produced and donated over 15,000 reusable Face Shields to hospitals in Aurangabad, Pune, Latur and Beed. The company also produced Automatic AMBU Bags, Intubation boxes and 3D printed retro fitted filtered Oxygen Masks to aid healthcare providers treating Covid-19 patients.
- Stressing freedom, vaccine opponents rebranding in virus era - October 22, 2020
- India's First Transparent NT Mask from Comofi Medtech Makes Communication & COVID-19 Swab Collection Easier - October 22, 2020
- Create the Ideal Game Day Gathering Space - October 22, 2020
- Can Ulcerative Colitis Be Cured With Surgery? - October 22, 2020
- Germany reports record new virus cases in 24 hours - October 22, 2020
- Students Join Hands To Carry Former Teacher Across The Finish Line - October 22, 2020
- Introducing SpotOn Virtual Smart Fence – The First and Only Mobile Dog Containment and Tracking System - October 22, 2020
- Could Running Actually Be Good For Your Knees, What Do Researches Claim? - October 22, 2020
- How fear encourages physical distancing during pandemic - October 22, 2020
- Zebra Introduces Flagship MC9300 Mobile Computer Ideal for On-Demand Economy - October 22, 2020