Those suffering from high blood sugar post COVID-19 can find some relief in ayurvedic formulations like BGR-34 which are based on natural bioactive compounds with dipeptidyl-peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitory effects to manage blood glucose levels. According to experts, a global study published in Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism Journal found that at least 14.4 per cent of hospitalised patients reported onset of diabetes, causing dysfunctioning of glucose metabolism resulting into hyperglycaemia after recovery.
Though a number of drugs are available to control hyperglycemia, DPP-4 inhibitors have been found to be the safest against post-Covid high blood sugar, according to a recent study in Elsevier journal, they said. Researched by the Council Scientific and Industrial Research-National Botanical Research Institute (CSIR-NBRI) and CIMAP (Central Institute for Medicinal and Aromatic Plants), BGR-34 has natural bioactive compounds of Daruharidra with DPP-4 inhibitory effect.
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021