Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Sunday exhorted party leaders to wage a struggle for people’s issues while noting that democracy was passing through “most difficult times”.
Sonia Gandhi’s assertion came at a meeting of AICC General Secretaries and state-incharges which was presided over by her.
Tweeting about the meeting which began at 4 pm, the Congress’ chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said, “Sonia ji exhorted everyone to wage a struggle for people’s issues and ameliorating their sufferings as our democracy is passing through most difficult times.”
The meeting assumes significance as it comes ahead of the crucial Bihar polls and key bypolls in various states, including in 28 Assembly seats in Madhya Pradesh.
The Congress has been vehemently raising issues like the passage of farm bills, the alleged gang-rape and death of a girl in Uttar Pradesh’s Hathras, the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh, the state of the economy and the government’s handling of it.
The party has been carrying out nationwide protests against the farm laws.
- Diabetes In Youth - June 14, 2021
- Diabesity: The dreadful combination of diabetes and obesity - June 1, 2021
- क्यों जरूरी है स्वास्थ्य बीमा - May 24, 2021
- Diabetic Foot: Do Not Ignore It! - May 24, 2021
- Health risks of tobacco consumption and ways to quit smoking - May 17, 2021
- Eminem – Stronger Than I Was - May 12, 2021
- Dj Dark – Chill Vibes - May 12, 2021
- Leona Lewis – Bleeding Love (Dj Dark & Adrian Funk Remix) - May 12, 2021
- Silicon Valley Guru Affected by the Fulminant Slashed - May 12, 2021
- Watch Awesome Kate Go Full Cooking Pro in England this Week - May 12, 2021