Special intensified, stringent lockdown restrictions will be enforced in areas of Kerala, where the spread of COVID-19 is at critical-levels, the State government said on Sunday.
The stringent lockdown restrictions would be in force in areas where the weekly infection population ratio (WIPR) is above 10 and the affected places would be notified by the district disaster management authority (DDMA) on a weekly basis, said an order from Chief Secretary V P Joy.
The order said the affected areas would be publicised through websites and other media.
The District Collectors shall further notify micro-containment zones as per guidelines and enforce the lockdown restrictions therein, the order read.
It said contact tracing and quarantine shall also be monitored and strengthened in all districts.
Today, the State reported 19,653 fresh COVID-19 cases and 152 deaths, which took the caseload to 45,08,493 and fatalities to 23,591 till date.
The number of people who recovered from the infection since Saturday was 26,711 which brought the total recoveries to 43,10,674 and the number of active cases to 1,73,631, an official press release said.
- COVID-19: Active cases drop to 74,735 in Kerala - October 26, 2021
- Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission: Everything you must know about ‘India’s largest health infra scheme’ - October 26, 2021
- Moderna to supply Africa with up to 110 million COVID doses - October 26, 2021
- India committed to supplying COVID-19 vaccines to other nations - October 25, 2021
- Mamata Banerjee asks people to wear mask to prevent spike in Covid cases - October 25, 2021
- Dengue cases in Delhi cross 1,000-mark; over 280 fresh cases in one week - October 25, 2021
- China to start vaccinating children to age 3 as cases spread - October 25, 2021
- Prioritise your oral health to enjoy cavity-free Diwali - October 25, 2021
- Life expectancy in India dropped by two years due to COVID-19: Study - October 23, 2021
- US’ work with India on vaccine manufacturing saving people’s lives, says DFC chief - October 23, 2021