New Delhi: One usually suffer from a cough, whether it’s a dry cough or a wet one, when season changes and it can be so annoying at times. Though there are many foods which helps to get relieve from a cough, but there are also some foods which you should avoid while battling a cough.
Here are some foods one must avoid when you have cough:
One should avoid caffeine beverages like tea and coffee, if you are suffering from a cough as it can dry out your throat and cause discomfort when you swallow.
Avoid fried foods when you are suffering froma cough as they are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods also acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching.
Do not consume processed foods as it can lower your immune system and suppress some of its protective functions. So, avoid foods like white pasta, white bread, chips and packaged snacks.
Avoid drinking alcohol as it can weaken your immune system and dehydrate you making your cold even more miserable.
Cold food items
Avoid cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks when you are suffering from a cough as it cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022