Mylab Discovery Solutions, which manufactures Covid-19 diagnostic kits, has said the new Omicron variant will have no impact on the detection efficacy of their RT-PCR, antigen or self-testing kits.
“As per the available information, key mutations in Omicron strain are located in the S-gene / spike protein. Mylab’s Covid testing kits detect entirely different and conserved regions of the coronavirus RNA, which ensures that Mylab kits can very well detect the Covid-19 infection variants – even the Omicron ones,” the company said.
Mylab did not see any impact on its RT-PCR (PathoDetect), rapid antigen (PathoCatch) and self-testing kits (CoviSelf). It said the kits can detect infection for the 12 major variants — Omicron, Beta, Zeta, Epsilon, Delta, Kappa, Gamma, Lambda, Theta, Alpha, Eta and Lota.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022