The Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation® 2021 program content focuses on allowing children and their teachers to participate from their homes, remote learning pods, or wherever they are.
ELIZABETH CITY, NC, November 16, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ — Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day® (TODASTW) is an international event celebrated by millions of students, parents, educators, and employers. It is a day when students dream big and learn how to make those dreams come true. The event is now looking forward to its 28th anniversary in 2021, and planning ahead for programming that will be accessible from anywhere.
“We are creating a program with content focused on children and their teachers to allow them to participate from school, home, or wherever they are,” says TODASTW President Carolyn McKecuen. “We are considering various options, including live speakers, videos showing different jobs, Q&A sessions, and interactive features.”
Originally started in 1993 by Gloria Steinem and the Ms. Foundation, the event was intended to provide a way to “make girls visible, valued, and heard in the workforce.” In 2003, the event was expanded to include boys under the rebranded name Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation®.
Today, the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation® is continuing its commitment to events that build on the imagination of what is possible in the workplace, contribute to the future of a diverse and inclusive workplace (socio-economically, racially, and ethnically), and create access to a variety of careers for all children. They also aim to increase the number of underprivileged students going to college, preparing them through leadership and mentoring.
TODASTW is furthering their mission of creating a more equitable world (at home, at school, in the community, and in the workplace) where all children have the opportunity to be exposed to different work options and to become productive in their community.
In recent years, the annual event has grown to involve more than 44.5 million participants — from the U.S. and in over 187 countries around the world.
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, the 2020 TODASTW event that was planned for Thursday, April 23 was curtailed as schools and workplaces went virtual and families were urged to shelter-in-place.
For next year’s event on April 22, 2021, the foundation is focusing on its role in moving towards a more positive future for all. TODASTW is planning to tap into technologies that have brought the world together during this time of increased isolation by offering a hybrid virtual option with both live and pre-recorded resources.
They welcome engagement from companies and businesses that want to participate with sponsorship and workplace virtual tours. They also plan to provide resources for those companies that may be in a position to host in-person programs.
This new approach will allow the event to reach more children, no matter their location or access to their parents’ employers. As a result, TODASTW is helping to fulfill its mission of creating more equitable opportunities for children to experience different workplaces and career options.
About: The Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and research-based activities in informal educational programs that empower girls and boys in all sectors of society so they may reach their full potential and live fulfilling lives. Through its leadership, expertise, and collaborations, the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation advocates for changes in social policy and public awareness on behalf of youth. Visit www.DaughtersAndSonsToWork.org.
# # #
- Ayush Ministry signs MoU with Ministry of Rural Development to empower the rural youth - March 17, 2023
- Know what’s best for your ‘Kidney’ – Understand the ‘Y.’ - March 9, 2023
- KidneyHealthForAll on World Kidney Day - March 9, 2023
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022