Union minister and Lok Janshakti Party patron Ram Vilas Paswan has undergone a heart surgery, his son Chirag Paswan said on Sunday.
Ram Vilas Paswan (74), who has been in active politics for more than five decades and is one of the country’s most noted Dalit leaders, has been hospitalised for the last few weeks.
In a tweet, Chirag Paswan said his father underwent a heart surgery due to sudden developments on Saturday evening, which forced him to cancel a party meeting and rush to his father’s side.
If needed, the Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution will undergo another operation in a few weeks, he said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Home Minister Amit Shah and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh besides other senior leaders spoke to Chirag Paswan to enquire about the health of his father, LJP sources said.
Chirag Paswan thanked people for standing with him and his family in this hour of crisis.
- Pharmacists able to dispense COVID-19 treatments without a prescription under government protocols - October 21, 2020
- One Big Reason Women May Be Less Prone to COVID-19 - October 21, 2020
- KidZania Expands to the U.S. with Its First Grand Opening in Fall 2019 - October 21, 2020
- INFOSAN Quarterly Summary, 2020 #3 - October 21, 2020
- Is Lumpectomy a Major Surgery? - October 21, 2020
- Genomic differences may be key to overcoming prostate cancer disparities - October 21, 2020
- Dip in number of pharmacists who prescribe daily - October 21, 2020
- Health Highlights: Oct. 21, 2020 - October 21, 2020
- Food Lion Donates 500 Millionth Meal to Fight Hunger - October 21, 2020
- Czechs impose more restrictions as virus cases surge - October 21, 2020