In a bid to understand the prevalence of COVID-19 in the urban and remote areas of Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed to conduct a “sero survey” in the state.
The serological survey will be launched on June 4 to help find the volume of immunity against the coronavirus being developed in the state’s people, an official spokesperson said here on Tuesday.
“The samples will be collected from June 4 and will enable an assessment of the updated status of the infection at different scales, including gender and age,” the chief minister said. The survey involves testing the blood serum of a group of individuals to determine the presence of antibodies against the coronavirus.
The report of the survey is expected to be released by the end of June.
There are people who did not undergo RT-PCR tests and could be asymptomatic. In this situation, the sero survey could be a significant step, the spokesperson said.
With a recovery rate of around 97 per cent and a positivity rate of below one per cent in the state, the government has taken an initiative to run a vaccination campaign that will target one crore people in June.
The campaign that started on Tuesday will focus on the beneficiaries of both age groups — 18-44 as well as those above 45 years of age — and will be conducted in all 75 districts of the state.
- Preparing for the third wave of Covid-19 – Aster CMI Hospital conducts blood donation drive - June 14, 2021
- Delhi logs 131 new COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths - June 14, 2021
- Covid-19 infection’s impact human kidney explained - June 14, 2021
- UK’s PM Boris Johnson: G7 pledge 1 billion vaccine doses to poorer nations - June 14, 2021
- Ayurveda and the need to transition from alternative to mainstream medicine - June 14, 2021
- Over 700 doctors died of Covid-19 during second wave: Indian Medical Association - June 12, 2021
- Puducherry: Health Department to hold ‘vaccination festival’ from June 16 - June 12, 2021
- Covaxin: Bharat Biotech to release 3rd phase efficacy data in 7-8 days - June 12, 2021
- Rajasthan govt announces financial package for children orphaned by Covid - June 12, 2021
- G-7 nations expected to pledge 1 billion vaccine doses for world - June 11, 2021