The United States has administered at least one dose of coronavirus vaccine to more than 100 million people, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday.
The 101,804,762 people who have received at least one dose represents more than 30 percent of the US population, according to CDC data.
Nearly 58 million of those people are fully vaccinated, either with a single-dose or two-shot regimen. More than half of that number are people aged 65 and older.
As the vaccination campaign ramps up significantly in the country hardest hit by COVID-19, President Joe Biden promised last week that 90 percent of adults in America would be eligible to receive the vaccine by April 19.
Biden has pledged that 200 million doses would be administered in his first 100 days in office, doubling an initial target which was met in late March.
Follow the latest news on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
© 2021 AFP
US has given Covid vaccine to more than 100 mn people: official (2021, April 2)
retrieved 2 April 2021
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no
part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
- Cellular impact of ‘Heat not Burn’ products may be no less harmful than cigarettes - April 20, 2021
- Pandemic Stress Keeps Many From Exercising - April 20, 2021
- प्रदेश के 9 मेडिकल कॉलेज में लगेगी सीटी, एमआरआई मशीन - April 20, 2021
- Set up national registry to capture pharma company payments to clinicians and patient support groups - April 20, 2021
- Health Highlights, April 19, 2021 - April 20, 2021
- दवाएँ खरीदते समय उपभोक्ता करें अपने अधिकारों का उपयोग- प्रमुख सचिव श्री किदवई - April 20, 2021
- Scientists identify protein that could serve as a therapeutic target in lung cancer - April 20, 2021
- L.A.’s Oil Wells Could Be Harming Citizens’ Health - April 20, 2021
- ऑक्सीजन आपूर्ति के लिए जिला प्रशासन का अनूठा प्रयास - April 20, 2021
- Federal policy to reduce deaths from sepsis was mostly ineffective - April 20, 2021