The United States may have four Covid-19 candidate vaccines in large-scale clinical trials by the middle of September, according to a report by the USA today. Health and Human Services Deputy Chief of Staff Paul Mango, who is also the agency’s liaison with Operation Warp Speed, said that the US government was very pleased with the progress. He added that the agency felt it was “absolutely on track”, if not a little ahead, in terms of their overall objective – which was tens of millions of (doses of) safe and effective vaccines approved for calendar year-end. Mango said that each Phase 3 clinical trial would enroll 30,000 volunteers and that the two underway currently were about halfway there.
Britain is preparing to revise its laws to allow the emergency use of any effective coronavirus vaccine before it is fully licensed — but only if the shots meet required safety and quality standards. In a statement Friday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Conservative government said it was adopting “reinforced safeguards” to allow the country’s medicines regulatory agency to grant temporary authorization of a COVID-19 vaccine, provided it meets safety and quality standards.The proposed regulations would allow coronavirus vaccines to receive an emergency approval allowing people to be immunized while the full licensing process is being finished. Typically, vaccines are only used after the licensing review has been completed, a process which can take several months.
- WÃSTHOF Introduces Luxe Limited-Edition AEON Series - October 20, 2020
- Microplastics Are Seeping Out of Baby’s Bottle, Study Shows - October 20, 2020
- Food Lion Feeds Announces Bold New Plans to Fight Hunger - October 20, 2020
- शारदीय नवरात्रि के दौरान रखें इम्यूनिटी का ध्यान, इन चीजों से मिलेगा फायदा - October 20, 2020
- Fewer Severe Asthma Attacks in Kids - October 20, 2020
- Enforce quarantine to crush pandemic, says WHO - October 20, 2020
- AHA News: Persimmons Pack Plenty of Nutritional Punch - October 20, 2020
- P&G 2019 Annual Report Details Strategic Choices, Strong Results, Superior Brands and Shareholder Value - October 20, 2020
- 10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Dementia - October 20, 2020
- Probiotic or commensal, good or bad? - October 20, 2020