India has reported 11,106 new cases, 12,789 recoveries and 459 deaths in the last 24 hours, Union Health Ministry said on Friday. Of these, Kerala accounted for 6,111 fresh cases, 7202 recoveries and 51 deaths, the health ministry added. The number of active cases in the country stands at 1,26,620.
The cumulative COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 115 crore, as per the data on Cowin dashboard.
Vaccine hesitancy biggest threat to overcoming pandemic: Serum Institute CEO Adar Poonawalla
Serum Institute of India (SII) CEO Adar Poonawalla has said vaccine hesitancy is now the greatest threat in overcoming the Covid-19 pandemic. “The vaccine industry has worked tirelessly to provide enough stocks for the nation. Today, there are over 200 million doses available with states. I urge all adults to get vaccinated as soon as possible. Vaccine hesitancy is now the greatest threat in overcoming this pandemic,” he said in a tweet.
- Ayush Ministry signs MoU with Ministry of Rural Development to empower the rural youth - March 17, 2023
- Know what’s best for your ‘Kidney’ – Understand the ‘Y.’ - March 9, 2023
- KidneyHealthForAll on World Kidney Day - March 9, 2023
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022