Serum Institute of India (SII) CEO Adar Poonawalla has said vaccine hesitancy is now the greatest threat in overcoming the Covid-19 pandemic. “The vaccine industry has worked tirelessly to provide enough stocks for the nation. Today, there are over 200 million doses available with states. I urge all adults to get vaccinated as soon as possible. Vaccine hesitancy is now the greatest threat in overcoming this pandemic,” he said in a tweet.
India on Thursday crossed the 115-crore vaccination mark with 73.44 lakh Covid-19 vaccine doses administered in the last 24 hours. More than 22.45 crore doses are still available with states and union territories and the Union government has provided 128.49 crore doses to the states and UTs till date.
Saying that there was no shortage of vaccine doses in the country, Union health minister Mansukh Mandaviya urged people to come forward for the second dose.
Till late Wednesday evening, the country had administered over 75.57 crore first doses and over 38.11 crore of the second dose. The government is reaching out to districts where less than 50% of the eligible population has been vaccinated.
India reported 11,919 Covid-19 cases on Thursday with active caseload at 1.28 lakh cases with weekly positivity rate of 0.94%.
- 116 more test COVID positive at Karnataka’s medical college - November 26, 2021
- Slip Disc Surgery performed on awake patient - November 26, 2021
- Serum Institute resumes COVID-19 vaccine exports - November 26, 2021
- Mild third wave of COVID-19 pandemic likely in December: Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope - November 25, 2021
- Putin tests experimental nasal vaccine against COVID-19 - November 25, 2021
- Italy targets unvaccinated with restrictions as cases rise - November 25, 2021
- 59% of employees in India report feeling stressed in everyday life - November 23, 2021
- Capital records 7,128 dengue cases, highest in six years - November 23, 2021
- Covid-19: Tamil Nadu reports 750 new cases - November 23, 2021
- EU considers booster doses of J&J’s COVID-19 vaccine - November 23, 2021