Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain has said the Aam Aadmi Party government in the national capital has increased testing by three times to 60,000 tests a day, adding that this was the new strategy to combat the surge in coronavirus cases.
“Delhi has increased testing to 60,000 per day. This is a big change in our containment strategy. We have done this to ensure we can track every positive case and contain the spread of coronavirus; Delhi’s doubling rate is 50 days,” said Satyendar Jain, who recently recovered from COVID-19.
The statement comes a day after Delhi reported 46 coronavirus-lined deaths – the highest since June 16 when the city recorded 93 deaths – in the backdrop of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal‘s statement that the national capital has witnessed the second wave of COVID-19 and has now turned the corner.
“Covid deaths should not be seen as single day figures, but as 10-day average because people usually don’t die (of this disease) in a day,” Mr Jain said, adding that Delhi’s 10-day average is 0.94 per cent. Its death rate is 1.94 per cent.
- बी.ई./बी.टेक. और इंजीनियरिंग डिप्लोमा पाठ्यक्रम में काउंसलिंग 9 नवम्बर तक होगी - October 28, 2020
- Is election stress disorder real? - October 28, 2020
- Shin Splints Treatment, Recovery, Prevention & Remedies - October 28, 2020
- Study reveals factors that can make placenta less capable of protecting fetus from zika - October 28, 2020
- UK Vaccine Taskforce Chair Says Early Corona Vaccines May Be Imperfect - October 28, 2020
- Which Cancer Is the Most Painful? - October 28, 2020
- New strategy for treating common retinal diseases shows promise - October 28, 2020
- Health Highlights: Oct. 27, 2020 - October 28, 2020
- Symbiance Work from Home Opportunity for Clinical SAS Programmers - October 28, 2020
- Knee or Hip Replacements Cut People’s Risk for Falls: Study - October 28, 2020