7 at-home remedies for a sore throat
If your sore throat is the result of a virus, you’ll need to rest and let your body heal.
Here are seven more things you can do at home to soothe the pain:
Saltwater may not provide instant relief, but it’s a way to kill bacteria, loosen mucus, and ease the pain. Mix half a teaspoon of salt with eight ounces of warm water, gargle, and spit.
Honey and lemon
Honey has antibacterial properties and helps reduce inflammation. It also acts as a natural cough suppressant. Lemon juice breaks up mucus and contains immunity-boosting vitamin C to fight your infection. Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with two tablespoons of honey. Add it to a cup of tea or hot water, stir well, and sip away.
Some herbs help heal a sore throat. Three good options for relieving inflammation and pain are:
Dry air is harsh on the throat and lungs, especially during the winter months. A humidifier will open your sinuses and keep the air in your room moist, making it easier to breathe.
Lozenges or hard candies
Sucking on a throat lozenge or candy helps produce saliva which can soothe your sore throat by keeping it from drying out.
A throat spray with numbing agents like lidocaine or even an herbal mixture of echinacea and sage can relieve a scratchy throat. Spray your throat liberally a few times a day.
Over-the-counter pain medications
Over-the-counter pain medications, like or ibuprofen or acetaminophen, can also help alleviate throat pain and body aches.
- क्या दो मास्क पहनने से कोरोना वायरस के खिलाफ मिल सकती है दोहरी सुरक्षा? जानिए विशेषज्ञों की राय - April 19, 2021
- The auditory system tracks moving sounds - April 19, 2021
- AHA News: Sorting Folklore From Fact on the Health Benefits of Garlic - April 19, 2021
- कोरोना के विरूद्ध मैदान में उतरने के अलावा कोई विकल्प शेष नहीं - April 19, 2021
- Coronavirus Prevention Health Tips: कोरोना काल में घबराएं नहीं, ये घरेलू उपाय अपनाकर बढ़ाएं इम्यूनिटी पावर - April 19, 2021
- Researchers identify ‘instigator’ gene associated with Alzheimer’s disease - April 19, 2021
- Epidural in Delivery Not Linked to Autism: Study - April 19, 2021
- राज्यपाल श्रीमती पटेल ने कोविड संक्रमण की जानकारी के लिए चार जिला कलेक्टरों से की चर्चा - April 19, 2021
- Health Tips You Will Be Surprised To Know The Benefits Of Ginger And Honey Chutney - April 19, 2021
- How pandemic responses neglected disabled people’s rights - April 19, 2021