World Vegetarian Day is observed on 1st October 2020. This day is marked to tell about the benefits of vegetarianism. The idea is to help create a better world as a vegetarian diet has proven benefits. Vegetarian diets can offer you several amazing health benefits including weight loss. Studies have also highlighted that consuming a vegetarian diet can help fight the risk of heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers. But it is important to maintain a healthy balance of all essential nutrients. On the occasion of World Vegetarian Day 2020, here are top 5 superfoods vegetarians should not miss.
World Vegetarian Day 2020: 5 superfoods for vegetarians
Tomatoes are widely consumed in India. These are consumed raw as well as cooked. Tomatoes are low in calories as well as natural sugar. Tomatoes are loaded with heart-healthy potassium and antioxidant lycopene which is is a carotenoid that helps in reducing heart disease risk and bad cholesterol.
Beetroot is amongst one of the richest ones when one talks about superfoods. Beets are known to be a good source of fibre, manganese, potassium, vitamin B9, and a few more. Another factor that makes beetroot a top choice is that it also works great for muscle recovery. The number of inflammation-fighting antioxidants and nitrates in beetroot initiates healthy blood flow throughout the body which results in faster muscle recovery and lets the body exercise more.
Turmeric or Haldi is an everyday spice used in Indian households. It has been quite popular across the world for its health benefits and medicinal qualities. It also makes any dish much more delicious. The world has been swaying over Turmeric latte which is nothing but popular ‘Haldi Doodh’ of India which has been consumed for generations whenever one feels dizzy or sick. Turmeric has some wonderful medicinal properties and anti-inflammatory benefits. It also assists in the proper functioning of the cardiovascular system, inhibits specific type of cancers, and also supports detoxification. Turmeric has been used as a spice and herb for several centuries in India.
4. Indian Gooseberry or Amla
Amla, or the Indian gooseberry is a translucent green colored fruit which is helpful in fighting common cold, burns fat, and helps to enhance immunity. This green fruit is full of vital vitamins and has unmatched antioxidant capabilities. Not only this, it helps in improving eye-sight, manages chronic conditions, and also gives relief in pain. This superfood nourishes the respiratory system, promotes healthy hair, skin, and nails. It aids in rejuvenation and also helps in managing blood sugar levels.
5. Kathal or Jackfruit
Jackfruit, which is high in several minerals and vitamins, is another superfood for vegetarians. It is a good source of carbohydrate, vitamins, protein, fiber, electrolytes, and phytonutrients. It is a top source of simple sugar (fructose and sucrose) that provides instant energy. Jackfruit is also high in dietary fats which is helpful in improved digestion and prevents constipation. Not just this, it has high anti-toxicant content. This superfood is climbing the health food popularity chart nowadays as it helps in decreasing weight and cholesterol, and beat diabetes.
- Introducing The Planmeca Promax 3D at O’Neill Orthodontics - October 20, 2020
- Staying Social Can Boost Healthy ‘Gray Matter’ in Aging Brains - October 20, 2020
- Athletes Advance to Final Phase of The Next Olympic Hopeful - October 20, 2020
- Panacea Biotec Hiring BSc MSc for QA Executive Sr Executive QMS - October 20, 2020
- Cannabis reduces OCD symptoms by half in the short-term - October 20, 2020
- Malaria-free Bastar Campaign Succeeds with 65% Reduction in Malaria Cases - October 20, 2020
- Big Babies May Face Higher Lifelong A-Fib Risk - October 20, 2020
- Issues and Issuers Featured at 8th Annual Intellisight Investor Conference Aug 13-14 in Minneapolis - October 20, 2020
- Coronavirus: Do Not Believe These Three Myths Associated With Kovid-19, Know The Truth - October 20, 2020
- What Is Replicative Immortality in Cancer? - October 20, 2020