India saw a significant jump in the daily Covid death rate as 1,733 fatalities were registered on Tuesday alone.
The health ministry bulletin on Wednesday stated that India reported 1,61,386 new COVID-19 cases and 2,81,109 recoveries in the last 24 hours.
The country recorded 3,95,11,307 total recoveries in the same time frame. The active cases in the country stand at 16,21,603.
India Covid-19 Status in last 24 hours:
New COVID cases: 1,61,386;
Death recorded: 1,733;
Recoveries registered: 2,81,109;
Active cases: 16,21,603;
Daily positivity rate: 9.26%
Earlier, Covid-19 vaccine manufactures BioNtech and Pfizer sought Emergency Use Authorization of their Covid vaccine for use in children between the age of 6 months and four years of age, reports said.
Once approved by the US based Food and Drug Administration (FDA) the two-shot regimen of these anti-Coronavirus vaccines will be the first vaccines for this age group in the US.
Reports stated that it was the FDA that approached the two companies for a vaccine for kids, meaning the process of approval of Covid-19 vaccine for children would be much quicker in this case.
FDA’s interim head Janet Woodcock was quoted by AFP as saying that the availability of a safe and effective Covid-19 vaccine for kids under 4 years of age was a top priority at this juncture.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022