Bhopal: In all, 4,193 houses were surveyed on Sunday under special containment programme taking place in several localities in wake of a positive case of Zika virus was reported in the city.
Zika virus discovered in 270 houses, out of 4,000 surveyed
Of these 4193, larvae was found in 270 houses. First case of Zika was reported from Char Imli area of Bhopal after which survey was initiated by state health department under surveillance of Union health ministry team.
In all, 24,090 containers were searched for larvae during survey. Of these containers, larvae was found in 308 containers. 101 survey teams conducted anti-larvae operations on Sunday.
After three cases of Zika virus were detected in state, around 2.8 lakh people of 18 wards of Bhopal would be covered in the extensive door-to-door surveys.
Every house in the radius of 3 km from Char Imli area of the city would be covered under the survey.
Two test positive for dengue
Of the 28 samples of suspected patients of dengue that were sent for testing, two came back positive on Sunday.
Every house in the radius of 3 km from Char Imli area would be covered for survey
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022